Motorcycle shipping from California to Germany
Relocation to Germany has always been on the agenda of many people who find better prospects in the country than USA. Your concern then would be high on moving your personal things, more so when you plan to move your motorcycle. Many things need to be focussed on when you work on motorcycle shipping California to Germany, such as means of shipping, cost, packing, and so on. A few important points that you need to concentrate on are given below:
What are the methods of shipping my motorcycle?
Your motorcycle can be shipped using any one of the two methods:
1) RoRo or Container.
You can plan using a RoRo ship if only one motorcycle is being transported to Germany. For you to use this shipping method, the motorcycle must be in a good condition to “Roll On and Roll Off’ (RoRo) the ship without any assistance from machines. Once the bike is on the ship, it has to be strapped and braced to the ship’s deck to reduce movement while the ship sails in the sea. It will prevent the motorcycle from tossing around. If you have multiple motorcycles to be shipped at the same time, the container shipping method is preferred. If you are shipping a motorcycle to Germany via RoRo or Container, remember you will be the designated person on the Bill of Lading that can pick it up.
2) Container Motorcycle Shipping to Germany
Container shipping is preferred if you are shipping more than one motorcycle to Germany. It is because numerous motorcycles can safely fit into a single container. This will reduce the price per square foot and make your shipping expenses less. It is always cheaper to share a container with others who want to ship their motorcycles to the same destination. In such a case, all the motorcycles shipping to Germany will be grouped together into a few containers to save everyone the expenses. Shipping a motorcycle to Germany using a container is quite safe as the RoRo method.
What type of insurance benefit I will get?
You have to opt for marine Insurance irrespective of RoRo or Container Shipping even though accidents are rare. When you go for motorcycle shipping California to Germany, marine insurance is the preferred method. You have to be aware that a ship does rock while out on the sea. It’s quite inexpensive to cover the motorcycles and it’s always worth the investment. The cost of coverage will be based on the declared value of the motorcycle.
What are the precautions I need to take?
You will find that there are two parts involved when shipping motorcycle California to Germany. The first portion is shipping the motorcycle from the U.S and the second is what you need to do after your motorcycle reaches Germany.
- Reducing your cost of shipping: If you want to lower the costs to ship your motorcycle to Germany, go for RoRo mode of transportation as it is among the best methods. However, some people prefer to have their own container when they transport their bike. Sometimes, you may need to get your bike to Germany within a short span of time. In such a scenario, shipping motorcycles via airfreight is highly recommended even though it is expensive.
- The battery should be disconnected and the terminals covered fully.
- Fuel is drained except for a little amount so that you can take your vehicle to a fuel station upon arrival.
- You can try to get the crates from dealers. Wooden crates are preferred. But it is the volume that is taken into consideration when being shipped and costs calculated.
- Front tire has to be removed and side boxes are also taken off to save space and volume.
- Ensure that the moving company has agents in Germany who are well equipped to take charge of your motorcycle and handle all the paper work and the accompanying documentation.
- Also you need to work on the import regulations, temporary import permit and insurance which should be provided by the moving company.
Entrust the job to a good moving company to have hassle-free shipping and just relax!