Motorcycle Shipping Florida to UK
Have you confirmed your plans to relocate to UK? If yes, you will find many things that require your attention immediately and need to be solved immediately. One such factor is motorcycle shipping Florida to UK. You need to identify the proper moving company so that your motorcycle is delivered safely in your destination. You have to have a checklist of things to be done before you finalize a moving company for the purpose.
What do I have to find out from the moving company?
- You have to confirm from the moving company the following:
- Whether they will take delivery of your motorcycle and take it to the terminal for you, if you are located far from the originating shipping ports in the USA. This option will save you money and time.
- If they will hand over a free quote for the purpose that will not have any hidden charges
- If they are capable of handling the export compliance procedures and the documents
- If they are equipped with proper machinery to load the motorcycle into the container and at the time of unloading
- If they will help you in purchasing the marine insurance to safeguard your motorcycle from any loss or damage though this is quite rare. Since any vessel will shake when on sea, you need to protect your bike when shipping to UK even if it is expensive. The cost is based on the declared value of the motorcycle.
- If they will provide all the packing materials free of cost
What are the methods by which I can ship my motorcycle to UK?
Two shipping methods to choose from are:
1) RoRo: You can opt for RoRo shipping if you’re shipping one motorcycle to the UK. The only condition with this method is that the motorcycle should be fit enough to “RoRo” the vessel. Once on the ship, the bike is secured to the deck using straps and braces, tires are locked and plenty of space is created between motorcycles.
2) Container: If you have to ship multiple motorcycles at once from Florida, you need to think of the container shipping method. This is the best method as many motorcycles can be safely loaded into one container and thus the price is reduced. Many times, customers share a single container to reduce cost.
3) Motorcycle Shipping via Air Freight: Apart from ocean transport using air freight is another good option. When using air freight service, the bikes must be crated with the help of stamped wood that is certified as heat treated. The cost depends on the space occupied by the motorcycle you are shipping.
What about the documents?
Once the carrier arrives at UK from Florida, the motorcycle will require port clearance. The moving company’s agent at the port will take up the customs clearance and complete it like a breeze. For this exercise, you will require a copy of the title, certificate of conformity and proper identification of the vehicle among many other items which should be notified by the moving company to you. Once this is completed you can make arrangement for further transportation of your motorcycle as and when needed. The rates vary according to the location of your bike being shipped such as the east or west coast, and the type of the vehicle, be it a regular bike or a classic bike, and the type of packing and shipping method you choose.
Motorcycle shipping Florida to UK can be made an easy affair when you have finalized the appropriate moving company and the type of shipment, and packing method. Make the transportation an exciting and easy one!