Shipping motorcycles from New York to Australia
Planning to move to Australia? It could be on a permanent basis or for reasons such as business or education. But your primary concern of shipping your goods and vehicles remain the same, is it not? Once you have decided, you will find many things coming up your mind, such as movers, packing, finding a residence - the list goes on and on! When you work on motorcycle shipping New York to Australia, you have to take many precautions.
Methods of transporting motorcycles to Australia:
- The moving companies follow three methods to ship the motorcycles to Australia – airfreight, containers, and roll on roll off.
- You can work with the moving companies about consolidated motorcycle shipping which will be cost you less, rather than paying for a full container and roll on roll off will be a practical method of shipping individual bikes.
- If you do not mind the cost but are bent on getting the motorcycle shipped quickly, airfreight is the best means but remember this will need special packing.
How about the import process?
- You have to get prior approval for shipping your motorcycle from New York.
- Import declaration is very important after getting the approval.
- You may have to pay the appropriate duty and taxes at the time of moving your motorcycle.
- Upon arrival, the motorcycle has to be inspected and you have to arrange for this before arriving.
What are the precautions I need to take?
- Get in touch with at least four or five moving companies in New York who have earned a good name in the industry with excellent and careful services.
- Their credentials have to be verified thoroughly and get free quotes from them.
- Find out how to prepare the vehicle for the shipping. You may have to remove the fuel or any other fluid and loose parts may have to be disassembled.
- Get complete details from the moving company about the laws prevailing in Australia so that you can ride the vehicle immediately upon arrival.
- The moving company should offer door to door service.
- As Australia is very keen about avoiding any type of contaminants or insects, your motorcycle should have been well prepared to suit their conditions at the time of shipping.
- All the relevant documents should be available with you and you should have been the owner of the vehicle at least for a year before moving to Australia.
- Your motorcycle should fit in the space in the containers offered by the moving company.
- Check the weight and size of the vehicle.
- The steering of the bike should have been locked and the keys kept safely with you. Mirrors should be folded and all the accessories removed.
- Find out if the moving company gets full insurance cover of the motorcycle and there is no extra charge levied to you.
- If you want additional coverage for your motorcycle, you can buy such insurance.
- Check for any damage before the motorcycle is taken for shipping. It is advisable to have photographs of the vehicle so that you can take up the issue with the moving company if you find any damages after the shipping.
- Ensure that no hidden charges are levied to you and the price as quoted by the moving company should be all inclusive.
- You can find out if you have the option to track the shipment.
Consider the various options of motorcycle shipping New York to Australia, select the best and economical means by getting free quotes, and be relaxed about the transporting of your vehicle.